My opinion and ideas for the Apex predators

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My opinion and ideas for the Apex predators

Post by TheRedHawk on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:17 pm

(This is basically a copy and paste of the community post I made on Steam, however I feel not enough really go there, so I decided to post the same here so it can get some more attention from the community)

So I've read the new system for all dinosaurs and I feel they got it wrong. I'm mainly going to be focusing on the Carnivores because I have more experience with them both in real world research and in game. If anyone has a problem with the Herbivores, please type it in the comments below. I'm also going to be focusing on the big 3: Giga, Rex, and Spino.

I feel the way they implemented the damage, health, speed, and agility of these 3 are wrong. I'm going to be starting with the Giga because I can knock them out the park relatively easily.

Giga: While the Giganotosaurus seems really intimidating, with the large teeth and massive head, they are really the fast, super bleeders of the three. They should be the fastest of the big three and have the most bleed. They also would have the 2nd best turn radius due to them not being as long as spino, however they are longer then Rex. Ultimately, they should be alot like Allosaurus however on steroids. It would also be the quietest of the three when moving, due to it's relatively light build.

T-Rex: The most famous and arguably the most hated in game, Tyrannosaurus Rex is the heavy weight slugger of the 3. Having the most powerful bite force of any known dinosaur and arguably, any land animal, it's damage should be massive. It should have high base damage and should break a bone or two, however, I don't believe it should have as high of bleed due to the teeth being more like a banana then a knife. Also, being the shortest of the three, it should have the shortest turn radius off the three, however not the shortest of all dinosaurs. They also should have the thickest skin, thus, most health. Remember, they fight Triceratops and Parasaurolophus (the North American equivalent to the Shantungosaurus) on a almost constant bases, so it had to be tough and T-rex was as tough as they come. However, with all that weight and power, it'll be the second slowest of the 3. You might think this all seems too much, however, that's the price of introducing a super late Cretaceous Apex Carnivore into the game, as there are very few carnivores that can stand up to them and they are all, unfortunately, withing the Tyrannosaurus family. I feel the best way to counter this is to either limit the population or increase the points need above the other two.

Spino: The most controversial at the moment due to a bug, the introduction of Spinosaurus and his other long jawed brothers has confused me since they came to the game. First, let's knock one very large elephant out of the room right now: Spinosaurus and his 2 other lesser brothers are from head to toe fish hunters. They could and never would stand toe-to-toe with any other dinosaur within it's weight class. Hence, is why it generally got the short end of the stick. The only thing it has really going against the other two is weight and size, but those only get you so far. Now that we got that elephant out, let's move onto another one: it's body and limb position. Since the discovery in 2014, Spinosaurus has been shown walking in all fours. This makes sense for what it is: a fish hunter. It's better to be closer to the ground (or in this case, water) when you're hunting for fish so you can better see the fish and better counter the refraction effects of the water. Now, you might think that my problem is that they added the pre-2014 version rather then the current one, however, that's not the case. If they want to stick to the pre-14 version, more power to them, I'm not making the game, however I feel it would mean little as even the pre-14 couldn't stand toe-to-toe with the two other apex Carnivores. This is mainly due to two factors: their teeth shape and their jaw design. Their teeth are more cone shape, which is better for catching more slippery prey such as fish. However, against thick skin, leathery skin, it's less effective and the prey is more likely to escape, and this doesn't take into account the bite force. The bite force of Spinosaurus was relatively weak compare to rex and Giga because the long jaw line means the muscles is stretched across the jaw has less power the farther from the jaw joint the bite is. This might not be a problem with fish and smaller dinosaurs, because it can usually shuffle the food to the back and bite down on all it's force, however, the bigger the dinosaur, the bigger the problem. With the bigger dinosaurs, there are very few places were Spinosaurs can put his whole jaw around and no break his neck. All this compounded with it's 2014 redesign leads me to asking a simple question: why did they put it in the game at all besides to please the whole 10 JP3 fans? I feel it should be taken out of the game until the devs introduce AI fish and/or more complex AI Dinosaurs besides a Gali that is invincible and just stands there.

This is my basically very long rant on the 3 Apex Carnivores in the game, if you have any more suggestions, comment below.
TheRedHawk
Psittacosaurus
Psittacosaurus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My opinion and ideas for the Apex predators

Post by Beyonder on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:28 pm

I enjoyed the read very much and If the developers do a separate model then Carcharodontosaurus is coming as well!
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Well, the Giga in game is pretty much exactly as you described, so I don't see where the problem is. With the Rex, the only problem I have is that, keep in mind that this game is "urly acses," so more features will be introduced. By this, I mean armour. The Rex should have the most armour, not health. Health should be based on mass. The spino currently in game isn't even supposed to be accurate (an accurate version will come eventually though), rather, it's supposed to be Jurassic Park 3-esque. So it's obviously going to be strong, given how JP3 went down.

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:30 am

@Nuclearshroom wrote:Well, the Giga in game is pretty much exactly as you described, so I don't see where the problem is. With the Rex, the only problem I have is that, keep in mind that this game is "urly acses," so more features will be introduced. By this, I mean armour. The Rex should have the most armour, not health. Health should be based on mass. The spino currently in game isn't even supposed to be accurate (an accurate version will come eventually though), rather, it's supposed to be Jurassic Park 3-esque. So it's obviously going to be strong, given how JP3 went down.
Even now we still don't officially know if Spinosaurus was a Bipedal or Quadrupedal as right now it's all speculation.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:18 pm

@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:Well, the Giga in game is pretty much exactly as you described, so I don't see where the problem is. With the Rex, the only problem I have is that, keep in mind that this game is "urly acses," so more features will be introduced. By this, I mean armour. The Rex should have the most armour, not health. Health should be based on mass. The spino currently in game isn't even supposed to be accurate (an accurate version will come eventually though), rather, it's supposed to be Jurassic Park 3-esque. So it's obviously going to be strong, given how JP3 went down.
Even now we still don't officially know if Spinosaurus was a Bipedal or Quadrupedal as right now it's all speculation.
I wasn't referring to the "bi-quad" debate.

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:45 pm

@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
So what were you referring?
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:24 am

@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
The fact that the current Spino is basically just like every other carnivore except bigger, thinner, and with a spine on its back. Regardless of whether it was bipedal or quadrupedal, it's pretty obvious it was a fragile, lumbering fisher, not some JP3-style Rex-killing monster.

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:21 pm

@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
The fact that the current Spino is basically just like every other carnivore except bigger, thinner, and with a spine on its back. Regardless of whether it was bipedal or quadrupedal, it's pretty obvious it was a fragile, lumbering fisher, not some JP3-style Rex-killing monster.
Ah! I see now but in terms it would be nice if it had a Slashing arm movement as a second attack.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:40 pm

@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
Ah! I see now but in terms it would be nice if it had a Slashing arm movement as a second attack.
True, but there's obviously more important things for the developers to do right now, like finishing V4.

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 pm

That and getting out the finishing dinosaur models like Carcharodontosaurus,Ceratosaurus,Corythosarus, and even Deinosuchus along with Fishes.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top