View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who Would Win?

Tyrannosaurus

Spinosaurus

Stalemate

View results

Tyrannosaurus Rex Vs Spinosaurus

Post by Beyonder on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:57 am

Note: Don't use Jurassic Park III logic.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrannosaurus Rex Vs Spinosaurus

Post by Nuclearshroom on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Well, the vote is pretty clear. Rex wins.

George Carlin wrote:Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:43 am

@Nuclearshroom wrote:Well, the vote is pretty clear. Rex wins.
And accurate by far....those who picked Spinosaurus needs to recheck their data.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:37 pm

@Beyonder wrote:
And accurate by far....those who picked Spinosaurus needs to recheck their data.
Yeah, it's those people who think spinosaurus was like 19 meters long just because some random anonymous moron on the internet said so (which there is actually some graph I saw somewhere claiming spinosaurus was 19 meters long, I'll show you if I find it).

George Carlin wrote:Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:47 pm

@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
Yeah, it's those people who think spinosaurus was like 19 meters long just because some random anonymous moron on the internet said so (which there is actually some graph I saw somewhere claiming spinosaurus was 19 meters long, I'll show you if I find it).
Here, I found the article. The article it's on is actually making fun of the original estimate.

SPINOSAURUS: THE INTERNET'S MOST OVERRATED DINOSAUR

Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:26 am

@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
Here, I found the article. The article it's on is actually making fun of the original estimate.

19 meters?......60 feet in length? nah i am still VERY  sketchy about the 59 feet long but a 50 feet long Spinosaurus? Ill take that reasonably! but this is by far the most accurate size comparison by my visual knowledge.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 pm

@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:

19 meters?......60 feet in length? nah i am still VERY  sketchy about the 59 feet long but a 50 feet long Spinosaurus? Ill take that reasonably! but this is by far the most accurate size comparison by my visual knowledge.
62 feet, actually. But yeah, that size comparison is much better than what I've seen elsewhere, though I'll try to find another one I saw with a more updated model of Spinosaurus. I believe the most complete specimen we have currently is estimated at 14 meters or 46 feet, and the largest fragmentary suggesting a size of 15.6 meters or 51 feet, though the length could range anywhere from 48 to 55 feet, since the tail region isn't very well known in Spinosaurus. Of course, even if it does turn out to be 55 feet long, it won't really be any bigger than the current estimate for that specimen, just longer, since only the tail would change. Tyrannosaurus would still rival or surpass it in both weight and height.

Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:45 pm

@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:

62 feet, actually. But yeah, that size comparison is much better than what I've seen elsewhere, though I'll try to find another one I saw with a more updated model of Spinosaurus. I believe the most complete specimen we have currently is estimated at 14 meters or 46 feet, and the largest fragmentary suggesting a size of 15.6 meters or 51 feet, though the length could range anywhere from 48 to 55 feet, since the tail region isn't very well known in Spinosaurus. Of course, even if it does turn out to be 55 feet long, it won't really be any bigger than the current estimate for that specimen, just longer, since only the tail would change. Tyrannosaurus would still rival or surpass it in both weight and height.
Here, this one has a more updated appearance for Spinosaurus. http://franoys.deviantart.com/art/Popular-giant-Theropods-size-comparison-616409616

Also, I've heard that someone claimed that Spinosaurus was 25 meters long, or 82 feet (I think we need to call an insane asylum).

Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:27 am

Ah so its from the current speculation on spinosaurus appearance than the Bipedal version.
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:28 pm

It's still bipedal, it just has shorter legs.

Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm

I honestly don't know what to call it lol looks more quadruple in my visual opinion.

Last edited by Beyonder on Mon May 01, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Mon May 01, 2017 2:11 pm

@Beyonder wrote:I honestly don't know what to call it lol looks more quadruple in my visual opinion.
Well it is basically just the quadrupedal version but holding its hands off the ground, so I can see why you'd think that.

Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Mon May 01, 2017 2:57 pm

@Nuclearshroom wrote:
@Beyonder wrote:I honestly don't know what to call it lol looks more quadruple in my visual opinion.
Well it is basically just the quadrupedal version but holding its hands off the ground, so I can see why you'd think that.
Still "effy" on the size to be honest.....We have no complete spinosaurus skeleton at all......and we going by estimates and by this....
Spino>Carcha=Giga>Rex
Beyonder
Founder
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuclearshroom on Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 pm

@Beyonder wrote:
@Nuclearshroom wrote:
Still "effy" on the size to be honest.....We have no complete spinosaurus skeleton at all......
True, we definitely don't know the exact size, though we at least have a decent idea. The main area of concern isn't the actual size though, just the length, since it's primarily the tail that's unknown.
@Beyonder wrote:and we going by estimates and by this....
Spino>Carcha=Giga>Rex
By length, but by weight the estimates go
Rex>Spino>Giga>Carch.

Rex is also the tallest, which is another reason it would win.

Rex's advantages:
Weight
Height
Bite force
Overall strength
Actually adapted to hunt other dinosaurs
Probably intelligence
Eyesight
Smell

Spino's advantages:
Length (which really wouldn't help it)
Claws?

Nuclearshroom
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder on Wed May 03, 2017 3:20 am

@Nuclearshroom wrote:.
By length, but by weight the estimates go
Rex>Spino>Giga>Carch.

Rex is also the tallest, which is another reason it would win.

Rex's advantages:
Weight
Height
Bite force
Overall strength
Actually adapted to hunt other dinosaurs
Probably intelligence
Eyesight
Smell

Spino's advantages:
Length (which really wouldn't help it)
Claws?